Remember to send in your observations, images or sketches to share with the rest of the society!
Our only satellite, the moon makes a beautiful object to observe as it makes its journey around us. Here, you can find the phase for the month, the rise and set times, and reports showing additional information that may be of use.
- Mass: 7.349e+22 kg
- Mass (Earth=1): 0.012298
- Equatorial Radius: 1734.4 km (1084 miles)
- Equatorial Radius (Earth=1): 0.27241
- Mean Density: 3.34gm/cm3
- Mean Distance from Earth: 384,400 km (240,250 miles)
- Rotational Period:27.32166 days
- Orbital Period: 27.32166 days
- Avg Lunar Day: 29.53059 days
- Magnitude: -17.74
- Axial Tilt: 1.5424 °
- Orbital Inclination: 5.1454 °