Current Programme of Events
Meetings are held either in the Resource Room close to the Observatory or in the Old Theatre
Rooms open at 7:15pm and talks start at 7:30pm
- Held at the Observatory on every CLEAR Wednesday between October and April - unless otherwise stated
- Everyone is welcome to attend and members of BAS will be on hand to answer any questions
- All times are as per current clock settings (UT in Winter, BST in Summer)
- Observing will take place regardless of the moon phase
- Observing will also take place on Committee nights
- There is generally no observing on members evenings (last Wednesday of the month), unless otherwise noted
Committee meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month, at the Resource Room. All members are welcome to attend
Member's evenings will also include a Sky Diary/objects of interest
Please note the date of the AGM!
- 29th November - Nick Hewitt - TBC - Old Theatre
- 13th December - BAS Christmas Social - Resource Room
For more information on the Society's programme, please get in touch via the Contact Us page
If you are able to offer a short (15-20 minute) presentation on any astronomical subject (your own images, observatory building project, etc.) please let us know. Your offer will be much appreciated!! We can help with computers and presentation equipment - we need you and the material!!